Welcome to our Wedding and Corporate Party Blog – Read our Tips and Advice on planning the perfect event.
How to choose the right music for your Wedding day
Choosing the right music for your wedding is uber important and here is why. Whether we are aware of it or not, we are influenced by music constantly throughout the day. On the commute to work, kept on hold on the phone and even in the supermarket! The songs that we hear, even if we are not actively listening to them can have a huge effect on our moods. Think about how good you feel when your favourite dance floor tune comes on the radio and you are instantly reminded of the last time you heard it.
Our memories are triggered by an emotional response. So, while we feel like we are remembering the event, we are actually remembering how we felt at the time it happened. Pretty cool, right!
Your wedding day, the day you have planned meticulously for the past few months and maybe even years, will be one of the biggest, most emotive days of your life.
You are going to want to have the soundtrack of a lifetime playing along to this. Choosing the right music for your wedding is so important.
Creating your wedding day playlist
Here are some of the important moments of the day to consider when putting together your wedding playlist;
- Wedding morning playlist
- Ceremony music
- Entertainment for drinks reception
- Dinner music
- After dinner entertainment – Wedding Band
- Wedding dj – Just to note, the dj and sax duo is really popular at the moment.
- Entertainment for day 2! – Wedding BBQ entertainment.
Some simple search terms you can use to help build your setlist are;
- Entrance wedding songs
- Music for the ceremony
- Wedding reception entrance songs
- Wedding reception entrance
- Bridesmaid entrance songs
- Funny wedding entrance songs
- Songs for wedding ceremony
- Bridal party entrance songs
You can also take a look at The Dream Band setlist for more inspiration
Tips and Advice for choosing the right music:
For your wedding, here are some tips from @ Empire Productions. Helping you to choose the right music.
- Plan the style of music you will have at each stage of the day. You can ask the musicians you have booked to help you out with this.
- You don’t have to keep with tradition.
- When choosing the song, you will walk down the isle to, don’t forget to choose the song you will walk out to also. It’s just as important and it will be the first walk you take as a married couple
- Choose music that reflects your personality
- Ask for song suggestions but don’t be afraid to ignore them either.
- Start by making a list of all the songs you absolutely want included and go from there.
- If you come across a new song that suits you and your partner perfectly, don’t be afraid to make last minute additions or edits.
- Choose a band based on the quality of the musicians and not necessarily the cost. There is a good reason some bands are more expensive then others.
- Book a professional Dj. Don’t underestimate the value the Dj will bring to your after party.
- Go and see your preferred band live. Remember though, live venues have sound and space restrictions. You will only get a % of the performance you can expect at your wedding.
Wedding Season Is Here.
According to the latest research carried out by weddings online ‘Two thirds of weddings take place between May and September, with August being the most popular month’
What makes the summer so popular?
Extended daylight hours
If you are getting married during the summer months, you don’t need to worry about the day feeling like its over, just as its getting started. You can really make the most of your pre dinner reception. With it being Summer, you have the added benefit of hosting the drinks reception outdoors. Check out this clip of our outdoor reception entertainment from a recent wedding.
More dress design options.
Strapless, sweetheart neckline discussions will make up 99.9% of your vocabulary for weeks on end. The warmer summer days mean you won’t need to cover up your beautiful dress once you have found it.
ALL the colours
As the sun shines down, everyone is going to be in a great mood and when you feel good you want to look good. The summer gives your guests the freedom to really show off their personalities through their dress sense. Your wedding will be awash with stunning colours. You can take control of your wedding colour theme with some detailed lighting and wedding décor. We might have just want you need. Take a look at some of our lighting options.
DJ set with a twist
Nothing says Summer like the words ‘ chilled Ibiza Vibes’. Here at Empire Productions we have the perfect dj set with Saxophone feature to round off our wedding day in euphoric style. Read more.
Regardless of the ‘season’ you choose to get married in, make sure your wedding entertainment, decor, and room lighting is on point with Empire Productions. Empire Productions is your one stop shop for all things wedding and events. We have plenty of tips and advice to help plan the perfect event.